Rats they are omnivorous like all rodents, need to chew. Chew anything they can find to keep their incisors from growing through their jaws, but they find the wiring of cars particularly delicious chewing which translate into expensive repairs. If by chance you happen to have some food stashed away in your car, that’s a bonanza for the rats. A car provides for plenty of chewing stuff like Plastic, carpet, seat fabric, anything.
I have even seen a rat chew through the fuel line of a car. The worst part is when a live rat running around and chewing through stuff in your car die. A dead rat in the AC system of a car with smell that is stomach-churning and the car had to be aired out thoroughly even after a disinfectant wash for a couple of days. Such is the menace of rats. Another person had his entire instrument panel go dead because of rats chewing through a critical set of wires that resulted in an expensive wiring harness replacement. Here are some 7 tips to help prevent the rats’ nastiness and costly repairs.
Are They in Your Car?
1. Leave Your Car Bonnet Open: Rats love dark place to nest. This idea may help discourage them but may not be the ultimate solution, do this if you have a secure parking garage in your house.
2. Check under The Bonnet: Rats love the engine bay especially the air filter, cold air intake, air vents and the bonnet. This is also where most of the delicious wiring that they we be chewing up is located, ensure that the air filters and hoses are free of things rats may have stored. It would even be better to have your car professionally steam wash cleaned to ensure all rats’ evidence is removed.
3. Thoroughly Clean Your Car: Remove used food plates, left over junks wrap from the car.
4. Use Rat Trap: Place rat trap on the front, back and top of the tire tread of your front two tires, bait them with oily food and replace the bait once a week only set these trap anytime the car is parked using the old fashioned spring snap rats trap. Don’t use rat poison it attract more rats also to avoid its rotting smell.
5. Clean your Parking Area: Always clean your parking area, keep the area free of garbage that rats are likely to pickup and store in your car.
6. Don’t Let Car Sit Unused: Drive it once in a while to discourage rats from doing mechanical or electrical work.
7. Finally get a cat, but only if you can deal with a cat keeping a cat as a pet.
TRENDING SONGS OF THE WEEKSWIPE LEFT TO VIEW MORE
🎵 Want Latest Nigerian Songs? Click HERE